Man sentenced to prison in fatal shooting at drive-thru

Associated Press

Detroit — A man convicted in the fatal shooting and carjacking of a 28-year-old Detroit father who was waiting with his two young sons in the drive-thru of a fast-food restaurant has been sentenced to prison.

Twenty-four-year-old Dezmen Faqua was sentenced Wednesday to 25 to 50 years after being found guilty last month of second-degree murder and other charges.

In court, Faqua says he wasn’t responsible. He says he feels “remorseful for whatever happened to their family” and hopes they “find the right person who did it.”

Christopher Reed was shot multiple times June 6 at a Wendy’s in northwest Detroit. Reed’s car was taken after the shooting. One of Reed’s sons also was shot in the hand during the carjacking and the boy addressed Faqua before a judge sentenced him.