3rd suspect charged, 4th arrested in Greektown brawl

James David Dickson
The Detroit News

A third suspect in the early Sunday Greektown brawl that left a Detroit man hospitalized has been charged, the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office announced Thursday.

Eddie Curry, 31, of Inkster, joins Stanley Faulk, 27, and Keith Harvey, 26, in facing charges of unarmed robbery, assault with intent to murder, assault with intent to do great bodily harm, and felonious assault. Harvey is also charged with possession of cocaine, which authorities say was found during his arrest.

Curry was arraigned Thursday afternoon before 36th District Court Magistrate Bari Blake Wood. His probable cause conference is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. April 27 and a preliminary examination for 9 a.m. May 3, both before Judge William McConico in 36th District Court.

Curry's bond was set at $5 million.

A fourth suspect was also arrested in the case, police said Wednesday, but no charges have yet been announced.

Police are still seeking four others in connection with the brawl.

Detroit police are seeking four others in the Greektown investigation. From left, top row: Darnell Shaw, Rachann Yarbrough. Bottom row: Myron Larkins, Tyrone Larkins.

Investigators identified the four others they are seeking: Darnell Shaw, 19; Myron Larkins, 20; Rachann Yarbrough, 21; and Tyrone Larkins, 24.

Police said late Wednesday they are “conducting a thorough search” to find the four.

“To those (four) individuals, we will find you, we will arrest you,” Chief James Craig said.

According to authorities, a friend of Brandon Putnam’s got into an argument with the group of eight men.

The argument turned physical and the group assaulted a friend of Putnam’s. When Putnam tried to help his friend, the group beat Putnam while he was on the ground, the prosecutor’s office said.

Putnam’s sister has said he tried to break up the fight, only to end up beaten, stomped and left on the sidewalk as his attackers jeered and mugged for a cellphone camera.

A 51-second video posted on Facebook opens showing an apparently unconscious Putnam lying on the sidewalk outside the Greektown Parking Garage at Monroe and St. Antoine.

The camera then pans to a man pulling a second victim, who has not been identified, by the leg, while others jump in and begin kicking and beating him.

Two of the aggressors then rush over to a third man – identified by Putnam’s sister as a cousin – lying on the sidewalk and begin beating and kicking him amid shouts from onlookers. The man is attacked for a few seconds before he’s able to get up.

One man in the footage delivers a punch to Putnam’s head before walking away.

Both Faulk and Harvey are scheduled for a probable cause conference at 8:30 a.m. April 26 in 36th District Court, with a preliminary exam set from 9 a.m. May 3.

Bond was set at $5 million for both men.