Fourth man charged in Greektown brawl

Charles E. Ramirez
The Detroit News

Authorities have charged a fourth man in connection with a Greektown brawl that was broadcast on Facebook earlier this month.

Terrell Carter, 28, of Westland, has been charged with unarmed robbery, assault with intent to murder, assault with intent to do great bodily harm and felonious assault, according to the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office. If convicted of the assault with intent to murder charge, he could be sentenced to life in prison.

Terrell Carter

Carter was arrested and arraigned on the charges Thursday in 36th District Court in Detroit, officials said Friday. A magistrate set Carter's bond at $5 million and scheduled his next court appearance for Thursday.

Three others have already been charged in connection with the fight and assault of Brandon Putnam, 23. The others who have been charged are Eddie Curry, 31, of Inkster, Stanley Faulk, 27, also of Inkster, and Keith Harvey, 26, of Detroit. All three face multiple charges related to the crime.

Investigators have identified at least four other suspects and are looking for them.

Police said a friend of Putnam’s got into an argument with the group of eight men at about 1 a.m. April 16 on Monroe and St. Antoine streets in Greektown.

The argument turned physical and the group assaulted Putnam’s friend. When Putnam then tried to help his friend, the group attacked Putnam and beat him while he was on the ground, officials said.

A 51-second video posted on Facebook shows an apparently unconscious Putnam lying on the sidewalk outside the Greektown Parking Garage at Monroe and St. Antoine. The camera then pans to a man pulling a second victim, who has not been identified, by the leg, while others jump in and begin kicking and beating him.

Two of the aggressors then rush over to a third man – identified by Putnam’s sister as a cousin – lying on the sidewalk and begin beating and kicking him amid shouts from onlookers. The man is attacked for a few seconds before he’s able to get up.

One man in the footage delivers a punch to Putnam's head before walking away.

Putnam's sister recently told The News his condition is improving.