Teen charged in Detroit high school threat
A 17-year-old from Detroit has been charged with making a threat against the Benjamin Carson High School, officials said.
Randall Bowen was formally charged Thursday with a count of making a false report or threat of terrorism, a 20-year felony, and a count of malicious use of telecommunications services, a 6-month misdemeanor, according to the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office.
A judge set bond for Bowen at $25,000 and scheduled his next court appearance for next Thursday, officials said.
Authorities accuse Bowen of sending an email to the high school at about 3:30 p.m. last week Thursday and issuing a threat. Detroit police investigated the threats and were led to Bowen as the suspect, officials said.