LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Officials have determined that a house explosion that left one injured on Detroit's west side Thursday afternoon was caused by a gas leak.

The explosion and subsequent fire happened around 4 p.m. Thursday at 19799 Lindsay, said Dave Fornell, deputy commissioner of the Detroit Fire Department.

"The neighbors reported the house exploded," he said. "We arrived on the scene. The house was partially collapsed."

Firefighters extinguished the fire and searched the house. They didn't find any victims at the scene, but later on learned that a man went to Detroit Receiving Hospital for burns from the explosion. Fornell said Friday he did not know the man's condition. 

"He doesn't live in the house," Fornell said. "I don't know what the situation was. We definitely will interview him to see what happened and what he knows."

cwilliams@detroitnews.com

Twitter: @CWilliams_DN

Read or Share this story: https://detne.ws/2vzyvDh