LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Detroit police are seeking tips to find two people accused of opening fire last month at a Coney Island.

The 28-year old victim argued with a man at about 2:30 a.m. July 18 in the restaurant on the 3000 block of Woodward, investigators said in a statement.

The suspect pulled out a handgun and fired a shot, striking him, according to the release.

The victim's friend "then immediately produced a handgun and fired" at the suspect, who fled out the back of the building, officials reported.

CLOSE

Detroit police seek help in identifying a man who opened fire on another gunman who wounded his friend July 18 at a Detroit coney island on Woodward. Detroit Police Department

 

The other man fled through the front before his friend was rushed to a hospital for treatment. He was listed in temporary serious condition, police said Friday.

To spur tips, authorities have released surveillance images of both men.

The first suspect is described as an African-American man, between 5-foot-8 and 6 feet tall, with a light complexion, short dreadlocks and a goatee. He was last seen wearing a a black shirt and dark shorts.

Authorities described the other man as black, 6 feet tall, with short hair and a dark complexion.

Anyone who recognizes them or knows their whereabouts is asked to call Detroit Police Department’s Third Precinct at (313) 596-1340. Anonymous tips can also be submitted through Crime Stoppers of Michigan at 1-800-SPEAK-UP. 
 

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: https://detne.ws/2Kq6540