Gospel music celebration to fill Spirit Plaza
Detroit — The city, in collaboration with Downtown Detroit Partnership, are bringing gospel music into downtown for a four-day praise festival.
Starting Monday, guest choirs and praise teams from around Detroit will perform uplifting and inspirational songs from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m .in Spirit Plaza, on Woodward between Jefferson and Larned.
"The beautiful thing about Spirit Plaza is that it’s an open and welcoming space for all to enjoy a variety of programming both spiritual and secular,” said Brad Dick, the city's group executive of services and Infrastructure. "We are pleased that we can provide such an inclusive space."
The schedule for the week includes:
- Monday: Bill Moss and the Third New Hope Choir
- Tuesday: Jason Smith and REMNANT
- Wednesday: Clare & Friends
- Thursday: Darius Twyman and Destiny
- Friday will conclude the week with a “Feel Good Friday” event presented by the Motown Museum from 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. with spoken word and musical acts.