LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Detroit — One of the victims of a quadruple shooting during a dice game on Detroit's west side last week is now believed to be the shooter, police said.

Deshawn Combs, 24, has been remanded to Wayne County Jail on 21 charges related to the incident, authorities said.

The quadruple shooting took place about 8:50 p.m. Tuesday on the 17000 block of West Seven Mile, which is east of the Southfield Freeway.

While details on the shooting were not immediately available, further investigation revealed that Combs allegedly approached one of the men and began shooting. He was then allegedly shot by one of the three victims, ages 23, 24, and 24, police said. 

All four were hospitalized.

The Wayne County Prosecutor's Office has charged Combs with four counts of assault with intent to murder, four counts of assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder, one count each of carrying a concealed weapon, carrying a dangerous weapon with unlawful intent, and firearms possession by a felon, and 10 charges of felony firearm.

Combs was denied bond at his arraignment, which means he will remain jailed as his case proceeds. He's due for a probable cause conference on Aug. 20, and a preliminary examination on Aug. 27, both before 36th District Court Judge Ronald Giles.

Combs is serving a two-year probation term owing to a September plea deal in Wayne County on a charge of carrying a concealed weapon. 

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2019/08/12/dice-game-shooting-victim-becomes-suspect-charged-21-felonies/1984896001/