LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Detroit — A Detroit man accused of shooting at a woman Wednesday has been charged in connection with three domestic violence complaints, officials said.

Robert Mario-Louis Williams, 31, has been charged in 36th District Court in Detroit with several crimes, including felonious assault, felony firearm, resisting and obstructing police and domestic violence, the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office said Friday.

Felonious assault is punishable by up to four years in prison. Carrying a firearm when committing a felony and resisting and obstructing police both have a penalty of up to two years in prison.

A magistrate set Williams' bond at $100,000 and scheduled his next court date for Aug. 30.

Prosecutors said the man is involved in domestic violence incidents in the last two weeks and last month on the 16500 block of Princeton near Puritan and Linwood on the city's west side.

In the first incident, police were called to the home at about 11:58 p.m. July 12 to respond to an assault and battery complaint. Officers found a woman who said the suspect struck her and threw her down a flight of stairs. The suspect left the scene before the officers arrived.

At about 7 p.m. on Aug. 16, police were called to the same home for another complaint. Officers found the same woman and she told them the suspect choked, struck and threatened her. Again, the suspect left the area before police arrived.

Then, at about 2:30 a.m. Wednesday, police were called to the same house. The suspect allegedly fired shots at the woman. She was not injured and the suspect left the home as officers arrived. Police were able to locate the man and arrest him.

 cramirez@detroitnews.com

Twitter: @CharlesERamirez

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2019/08/23/detroit-man-accused-3-separate-domestic-violence-incidents/2094382001/