LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Two suspects accused of beating a 54-year-old man, leaving him at an elementary school in Harrison Township and stealing his 2014 Kia, have been arraigned.

According to the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office, the man, a Canton Township resident, “appeared to have been badly beaten” when he was found on school grounds at 10 a.m. Friday.

As detectives interviewed the man, they learned that he had been in Detroit with a male friend, when they befriended two other men who were en route to a home in Harrison Township. The four men drove around, until the victim’s friend asked to be dropped off, which he was, leaving the victim driving around with two men he had just met, according to the sheriff’s office.

When the trio arrived at Yacks Elementary, they got out of the car and walked to a dugout on the baseball field, police said. When police found him, he needed to be treated for “facial injuries, numerous cuts and abrasions.”

The man’s car, a 2014 Kia, was stolen, and the victim was only able to give a partial name and a description of one of the suspects, police say. Investigators in the Sheriff’s Enforcement Team developed an address for one suspect, who was arrested in Holly. The man was allegedly in the Kia when police found him. Police made the arrest and impounded the vehicle.

Lt. John Michalke of the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday morning that while he wasn’t sure if police had returned the car to the victim by now, the car would need to be processed for evidence before such a return would happen.

One suspect, Shawn Edward Bilkovsky, 24, of Detroit, was video arraigned in the 41B District Court in Clinton Township, on one count of assault with intent to do great bodily harm, one count of unarmed robbery, a possible 15-year felony, and unlawfully driving away a motor vehicle. Bilkovsky remains in Macomb County Jail after being given a $25,000 cash-or-surety bond, and is due back in court at 1:30 p.m. on Aug. 3.

The second suspect, Nathaniel Abraham Bowes, 20, of Holly, was arraigned via video Wednesday on charges of assault with intent to do great bodily harm, unarmed robbery, and unlawfully driving away a motor vehicle. He was given a $10,000 cash-or-surety bond, and is due back in court at 1:30 p.m. on Aug. 3.

Both suspects remain in the Macomb County Jail.

jdickson@detroitnews.com

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: http://detne.ws/2a9k79k