LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

A Macomb County man was sentenced up to 36 years in prison for his role in the sexual assault of three girls, Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel announced Thursday.

Michael Patrick Wolka, 54, pleaded no contest in June to multiple sexual assault charges. He was sentenced in late August by Alcona County Circuit Judge Laura Frawley to 18 to 36 years in prison on first-degree criminal sexual conduct, and seven to 20 years for child sexually abusive activity. The sentences will beserved concurrently.

During the summer of 2016, Wolka took three girls, whom Nessel described only as young, to his cabin in Glennie, Michigan.

In 2017, one of the girls came forward and disclosed that Wolka attempted to sexually assault her after drugging her and the other two girls before bedtime.

The case was referred to the Attorney General's Office and a search warrant was issued for the cabin. Officers seized several San Disk (SD) cards, and a forensic review showed Wolka had been secretly videotaping the victims while they were in the bathroom, Nessel said. 

"Additional review showed Wolka sexually assaulting a young girl several times," Nessel said in a statement.

Wolka currently isserving a sentence for crimes he committed against the same girls at his home in Macomb County.

"I appreciate the court’s decision and commitment to ensuring justice in this case was served," Nessel said in a statement.

srahal@detroitnews.com

Twitter: @SarahRahal_

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/macomb-county/2019/09/05/macomb-man-sentenced-child-sex-charges-after-taking-3-girls-cabin/2221243001/