Eastpointe — A 34-year-old man who was shot at an Eastpointe bar early Saturday has died, officials said.

Jared Glenn died Tuesday evening, police said Wednesday.

Glenn was one of six people who were shot at about 2 a.m. Saturday outside the Last Call Bar on 10 Mile near Hayes. Glenn was struck in the head and taken to a hospital where he had been in critical condition. A woman was also shot three times, according to authorities.

A Detroit man charged in connection to the shooting may face additional charges because of Glenn's death.

Lenny Whitfield, 47, was arraigned Tuesday in 38th District Court in Eastpointe on several charges, including five counts of assault with intent to murder, five counts of felony firearm possession and being a felon in possession of a firearm. 

A judge set his bond at $5 million and scheduled his next court date, a probable cause conference, for Oct. 30. A preliminary exam was scheduled for Nov. 5.

The judge also ordered that if Whitfield posts bond, then he must wear a GPS tether.

Authorities said Whitfield was escorted out of the bar near closing time Saturday. He then got into a silver Infiniti SUV. Another man was inside the vehicle, according to the Macomb County Prosecutor's Office.

Whitfield and the other man left the parking lot, but returned a short time later. At about 1:40 a.m., Whitfield walked back toward the bar from the parking lot while carrying a beer, officials said.

After the bar's employees told him he couldn't enter, Whitfield got into a physical altercation with the bouncers. He then walked to his vehicle and retrieved a .40 caliber handgun, prosecutors said.

He walked to the bar and opened fire, striking the six people, including Glenn, before running to his vehicle and driving away, they said. As the vehicle sped away, it drove over a parking block.

During their investigation, detectives tracked down the vehicle to a home in Detroit near East Warren Avenue and Moross on the city's east side. They also determined the vehicle was registered to Whitfield.

Eastpointe police officers executed a search warrant of the home with the help of Detroit police. Investigators seized his vehicle and recovered a .40 caliber handgun from the home.

Officials said they arrested Whitfield, who had injuries and clothing matching the description of the shooter given by witnesses at the bar.

Late Tuesday, a post on Glenn's Facebook page said he had died.

"Jared Alan Glenn passed away Tuesday evening surrounded by the love of his family," the post said. "His beaming smile brought joy to everyone he met and will live forever in the memories of his family and friends. His generosity and heroism continues on as he was able to help many more people though his donation to Gift of Life."

In addition, it said his family asks that in lieu of followers, donations to the Williams Syndrome Foundation be made in his name.

It also said funeral arrangements will be shared as soon as they are confirmed.

Twitter: @CharlesERamirez

Read or Share this story: