MSU student died of natural causes
East Lansing — Police say they believe a 21-year-old Michigan State University student died of natural causes.
MLive.com and the Lansing State Journal report a preliminary autopsy didn’t determine cause of death for Navanjeet Singh Sahi and officials are awaiting toxicology tests before making a final determination. Police say, however, that foul play has been ruled out.
Police say they responded Tuesday evening along with the fire department to a call about an unresponsive person at Cedar Village apartments near campus who wasn’t breathing. CPR was started and the man was taken to Sparrow Hospital, where he was treated and later pronounced dead.
Sahi was from the Detroit suburb of Novi. The junior was studying genomics and molecular genetics. Police say it could be six to 10 weeks before toxicology results are known.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.