LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Bad Axe — Authorities investigating a heater explosion are warning people not to use kerosene recently sold by a Bad Axe store because it may be contaminated.

The Huron County sheriff’s department says kerosene purchased after 8 a.m. Tuesday at Bad Axe Mini Market could pose a fire threat. Investigators determined that a supplier accidentally put gasoline into a kerosene storage tank.

The sheriff’s office says the mixture is hazardous to auxiliary heating units or other uses. Sheriff Kelly Hanson says the person injured in Thursday morning’s explosion in Hume Township has sought treatment at a hospital due to smoke inhalation.

Employees of the store have been using receipts and video footage to help identify customers who had purchased the kerosene.

Anyone who bought the kerosene is asked to contact the store.

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Read or Share this story: http://detne.ws/1CGZz1e