SUBSCRIBE NOW
$5 for 3 months. Save 83%.
SUBSCRIBE NOW
$5 for 3 months. Save 83%.

Repairs being made at stadium where boy electrocuted

Associated Press

Augusta Township — Repairs are being made at a Michigan high school stadium following last year’s death of a 13-year-old boy who was shocked at a football game.

Lincoln Consolidated Schools Superintendent Ellen Bonter tells The Ann Arbor News that the work is progressing. She says the school district also now has a preventive maintenance schedule to examine all school facilities.

Investigators have said a missing ground line and short circuit from a field light caused the death of Lincoln Middle School student Christian Lorinczy, who was electrocuted Sept. 30 at the Lincoln High School football field. He died at a hospital three days later.

The boy was playing catch with several other students on the sidelines when he came into contact with a fence on a ramp and was shocked.