Michigan man dies, 2 firefighters hurt after shock
Crockery Township — Authorities say two firefighters were shocked while trying to help a 43-year-old man who went into cardiac arrest and died in western Michigan.
Firefighters had responded Monday afternoon to a Crockery Township home, where the man’s wife had returned to find him in cardiac arrest. He was lying in the front yard next to a lift vehicle, which had its boom raised and was touching a power line.
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Capt. John Wolffis says one firefighter stepped near the lift and was shocked, and he went into cardiac arrest. Wolffis says other firefighters used a defibrillator to save him. Police say he was taken to the hospital and his condition was stable.
The shocked firefighter had fallen onto another one, who suffered a minor shock.
Firefighters were unable to revive the homeowner.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.