Principal credited with saving student who was choking
Parma — A middle school principal in Michigan is being credited with saving a student who was choking.
The Jackson Citizen Patriot reports Western Middle School Principal Ryan Tripp performed the Heimlich maneuver on an eighth-grade girl who had food lodged in her throat during lunch on Tuesday.
Superintendent Mike Smajda says the student got up from her table, approached Tripp and made a sign she was choking.
Smajda says Tripp “acted very quickly but was very calm and collected during the situation.” Smajda says the student was “a little shaken up but is doing well.”
The school is located in Jackson County, about 80 miles west of Detroit.