6 found dead in Michigan; carbon monoxide suspected
Fenton Township, Mich. — Six members of a family have died of what police say might have been carbon monoxide poisoning at a Michigan home.
WJRT-TV and the Flint Journal report the victims were found Sunday in Fenton Township, near Flint.
Sheriff Robert Pickell tells the television station a generator was being run in the basement of the house, likely due to a Friday night power outage.
A relative found the four children and two adults Sunday afternoon in their bedrooms.
Genesee County Undersheriff Chris Swanson told the newspaper the home was being cleared Sunday of some type of toxic fumes.
A Consumers Energy utility crew was called to the home.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.