Fire chief: Person making hashish causes blast at house

Associated Press

Saginaw — Authorities say someone trying to make hashish caused an explosion and fire that damaged a home where marijuana was being grown in Saginaw and injured three people.

Saginaw Fire Department Captain James Champney says crews responded Sunday to a report of a butane explosion. He says marijuana plants were found at the home.

Champney says three people escaped the home and had what were believed to be serious injuries, including burns. The Saginaw News reports they were taken to a hospital for treatment.

Firefighters initially had trouble getting into the home because of security bars on the door. Windows were boarded from the inside.

The fire is under investigation.