LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Fenton Township — A generator hooked up to a propane tank in the basement of a Fenton Township home is believed to be responsible for the carbon monoxide death of a couple and their four children.

Genesee County Sheriff Robert Pickell said Monday the man’s body was found next to the generator.

The mother’s body was found near a crib containing the body of a 2-year-old.

Pickell says a 9-year-old “boy was in the living room, dressed to go out and play and it looked like he just dropped in his spot.”

The body of a 7-year-old girl was found in the master bathroom while her 11-year-old brother was found in his bedroom.

The home near Flint lost power during a storm Friday night.

Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Read or Share this story: http://detne.ws/1XKYe2s