Fire guts fireworks store in W. Michigan
Wyoming — An early-morning fire that authorities are investigating as a suspected arson has gutted a fireworks store in western Michigan.
No injuries are reported following the Tuesday fire in Wyoming, near Grand Rapids. As the building burned, fireworks shot into the air and the sound of exploding fireworks was heard.
Wyoming police Lt. Mark Easterly says investigators got information about a possible suspect after the fire and found him driving the wrong way down a street. The Grand Rapids Press reports police rammed the car the man was driving while taking him into custody.
Easterly says he was taken to a hospital to be checked.
WOOD-TV reports a roadway near GS Fireworks was closed as crews worked to extinguish the blaze. WZZM-TV reports a nearby apartment was evacuated as a precaution.