Final day to register to vote is Monday
Michigan residents must be registered to vote by the end of Monday if they want to participate in the Aug. 7 primary.
• You must be a U.S. citizen, at least 18 years old, a Michigan resident and a resident of the city or town where registering.
• First-time applicants to vote in Michigan must provide a driver’s license or other personal identification.
• Get a voter registration application at a local Secretary of State branch office; the local county, city or township clerk’s office; certain state agencies such as Department of Health and Human Services; military recruitment centers; voter registration drives; or online at www.Michigan.gov/sos
• Applicants must use the same address for voting registration as they do for a driver’s license.
• Re-register after moving to a city or township.
• The application can be delivered in person to a clerk’s office or mailed.
Source: Michigan Secretary of State’s Office