4 calves die after fireworks spark grass fire in Mich.
Greenleaf Township – Authorities say four calves have died after fireworks shot from a moving vehicle sparked a grass fire along a road in rural Michigan.
The Sanilac County sheriff’s office says it responded to a call early Saturday about the fireworks in Greenleaf Township.
The sheriff’s office says the fire spread and killed four calves on the property. Ten calf hutches used to provide shelter for animals also were damaged.
Tips are being sought from the public about the case.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.