Eastbound I-94 closed from US-12 to I-75 in Detroit this weekend
Motorists planning to drive to Detroit using Interstate 94 this weekend should plan to take an alternate route.
The Michigan Department of Transportation will be repairing pavement and bridges on eastbound I-94 in Detroit from US-12 to I-75 between 6 a.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday, weather permitting.
During the closure, eastbound traffic will be rerouted from eastbound US-12 to northbound Rosa Parks Boulevard, then northbound I-75 back to eastbound I-94.
At least one lane of westbound I-94 will be closed from Junction to Livernois due to construction from 9 p.m. Thursday through 3 p.m. Tuesday.
Those traveling throughout Oakland County over the weekend should plan to avoid I-75.
All northbound and southbound lanes of I-75 from I-696 to Square Lake will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
The construction is part of a larger road modernization project. which is widening the interstate to increase the road's capacity. MDOT says it will relieve congestion driven by the growth along the corridor.
Also in Oakland County, the University Drive ramp to southbound I-75 will be closed from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday, with drivers rerouted from University Drive onto southbound Woodward Avenue to eastbound I-696 to southbound I-75.
The southbound I-75 ramp to Chrysler Drive will be closed from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday, with drivers rerouted from University Drive onto southbound Opdyke Road to eastbound Featherstone Road to Chrysler Drive.
Other Weekend Closures
- NB I-75, Gardenia Ave to 13 Mile, 1 lane open, 2 left closed, Thu 10pm to Fri 5am.
- EB I-94, M-19 to County Line Rd, 1 lane closed, 2 open, Thu 7pm to Fri 3pm, Fri 7pm to Mon 5am. Ramps to/from 26 Mile Rd also closed.
- EB/WB 96 ramps to EB 94, ramps closed, Sat 6am to Mon 5am.
- NB M-10 closed, Griswold to Congress, Sat 7am to 7:30 am.
- SB M-10 service drive closed, Bagley to Jefferson, Sat 7am to 7:30am.
- WB Jefferson Ave at Griswold St, closed, intermittent, Sat 7am to 7:30am.
- WB M-14, 275 to Sheldon, only left lane open, 2 right closed, Sat-Sun 7am-7pm. Sheldon ramp to WB-M14 closed.
- WB M-59, Groesbeck to Romeo Plank, 1 lane open, 2 closed, Sat 5am to Sun 6pm.
- NB US-24 closed, West Rd to Pennsylvania, Fri 9pm to Mon 5am.
- SB US-24 closed, 5 Mile/Fenkell to I-96, Fri 9AM to mid-Oct.
- NB/SB I-75 2 lanes closed, 2 lanes open between Pontiac Rd and Square Lake Rd through October
- SB Chrysler Rd ramp to SB I-75 1 lane closed through the end of September
- SB I-75 to EB M-59 ramp closed through October
- NB I-75 to WB M-59 ramp closed through October
- WB M-59 to SB I-75 ramp closed through October
- EB M-59 to NB I-75 ramp closed through October
- EB and WB M-59 at I-75 2 lanes closed; 1 lane open daily Mon-Fri 9 am to 3 pm 9/16-9/20
- NB and SB I-75 3 lanes closed, 1 lane open nightly 8 pm to 5 am Sunday-Thursday nights, through end September
Further information can be found at www.michigan.gov/drive.