Weekend roadwork continues on I-75, I-94 down to one lane
For Metro Detroit drivers, this weekend's road construction plans will require alternate routes and, likely, more driving time.
Highway plans to close both directions near Springwells were canceled by Michigan Department of Transportation due to the Gordie Howe Bridge Project, officials said Friday; however, parts of I-75 will be worked on and reduced to one lane.
Stretches of Interstate 94 have only one lane open through 5 a.m. Monday as MDOT crews repair bridges and pavement on sections of the interstate, weather permitting.
In Detroit, MDOT is planning intermittent double-lane closures for bridge repairs on the French Road, Concord, Brush and 24th Street overpasses above I-94.
East of the Lodge Freeway, M-10, MDOT is planning bridgework that will require double-lane closures in both directions of the interstate from 11 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Saturday. The ramps from northbound and southbound Interstate 75 to westbound I-94 also will be closed.
West of M-10, repair on the 24th Street overpass will lead to double-lane closures; eastbound and westbound Interstate 96 ramps to westbound I-94 will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
West of Detroit, other planned weekend closures along I-94 include eastbound and westbound I-94 between Telegraph and Interstate 275 going from two lanes down to one lane from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday, MDOT said.
In Macomb County, two lanes will be closed for pavement repair on westbound I-94 between 11 Mile and Eight Mile beginning at 8 p.m. Friday and ending by 8 a.m. Saturday, and from 5 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday, MDOT said. Entrance ramps to westbound I-94 within the work zone also will be closed intermittently.
Other Weekend Closures
- SB I-75, University Drive to South Boulevard, 1 lane open, Saturday night to Sunday morning
- EB I-75/US-24/Square Lake, M-1 to US-24/Telegraph, 1 lane open, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. Saturday
- NB/SB I-75, Eight Mile to 12 Mile, 1 lane open, 10 p.m. Friday - 9 a.m. Sunday
- NB/SB I-75 closed at Gibraltar, intermittently, 8 a.m. - 9 a.m. Saturday
- NB/SB I-75 ramps to WB I-94, ramps closed, 11 p.m. Friday - 11:59 p.m. Saturday
- WB I-96/M-14 ramp to NB I-275, ramp closed, 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. Saturday
- EB/WB I-96 ramps to WB I-94, ramps closed, 9 p.m. Friday - 5 a.m. Monday
- NB I-275, I-96 to 5 Mile, double lane closures, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Saturday
- EB/WB I-696 near Farmington Road, 2 lanes open, 5 a.m. Sat - 5 a.m. Monday
- NB M-10 ramp to NB US-24/Telepgraph, ramp closed, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Saturday
- EB/WB M-14 near Beck, 2 lanes closed intermittently, 12 p.m. - 4 p.m. Saturday
- NB/SB M-24 ramp to SB I-75, ramp closed intermittently, 9 p.m. Friday - 5 a.m. Sunday
- WB M59, M-1/Woodward to Telegraph, 1 lane open, 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. Saturday