Repairs on several roads throughout Oakland County begin Monday
Drivers can expect delays in Oakland County starting Monday as crews work on fixes to several roads.
The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) explains the joint-repair work, which starts on Livernois Road in Rochester Hills, involves milling out old material near the joint and then replacing it with hot-mix asphalt to extend the life of the road.
Roads will remain open to traffic with lane restrictions.
The following roads are part of the joint-repair program:
• Carroll Lake Road from Commerce Road to Cooley Lake Road in Commerce Township
• Dixie Highway from I-75 to Davisburg Road in Springfield Township
• Livernois Road from Walton Boulevard to Timberlea Street in Rochester Hills
• Maple Road from Crooks Road to Livernois Road in Troy
• Maple Road from John R Road to Dequindre Road in Troy
• Rochester Road from Tienken Road to Gunn Road in Rochester Hills and Oakland Township
• Southfield Road from Mt. Vernon Road to 14 Mile in Southfield
• Walton Boulevard from Dixie Highway to Sashabaw Road in Waterford Township
• Welch Road from Oakley Park Road to Pontiac Trail in Commerce Township
The contractor for the project is Cadillac Asphalt of Clarkston. The work is expected to conclude by early October.