Lansing — Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel announced a murder charge Tuesday against a 32-year-old man suspected in the disappearance of Danielle Stislicki, pledging to obtain justice for the missing Farmington Hills woman and her family.

A charge of premeditated first-degree murder was filed Monday in 47th District Court in Farmington Hills against Floyd Russell Galloway, according to online court records. He’s to be arraigned there at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.

"I am committed to all of you, we are obviously going to be prosecuting your daughter's killer and we will not rest until she gets the justice she deserves," Nessel said at a news conference that included Stislicki's parents, Richard and Ann, and siblings, Holly and Jillian.

"We are all here today for them. ... This young woman had everything to live for," Nessel said.

Nessel called the evidence against Galloway "compelling."

She did not elaborate, saying evidence will be disclosed as the case unfolds. Nessel praised Farmington Hills Police detectives for their tireless work in the investigation.

When asked why are charges being brought now, more than two years after Stislicki disappeared, Nessel said two years was a long time and "at some point you need to go forward with the evidence you have."

Nessel explained that evidence and witnesses in cases can get weaker in time.

"I don't know if there is any more (new) evidence," she said, adding: "I'm very confident with the evidence that exists right now."

After the news conference, Richard Stislicki endorsed that approach, saying it was time to move forward against Galloway while he is incarcerated because  "you may only get one time at bat."

The known evidence known against Galloway is largely circumstantial.

Stislicki, of Farmington Hills, disappeared Dec. 2, 2016. She was last seen leaving her office at MetLife in Southfield.

The 28-year-old who went by "Dani" had plans to meet a friend for dinner that evening but never showed up. The next day, Stislicki's locked vehicle was found parked outside her apartment complex with her purse inside. 

"Right from the start, we knew something was wrong," Farmington Hills Police Chief Chuck Nebus said.

Stislicki's parents and siblings held hands together at the press conference. The Stislickis — who participated in numerous vigils for their daughter and have joined in efforts for other families with missing relatives —  commended the police department and the public for their help and support over the past two years.

"Danielle always was and is a kind soul. We know she is no longer with us but she is still missing," said Ann Stislicki, the missing woman's mother. "We want to find her remains and get justice."

Nessel said she asked Farmington Hills detectives to meet with her in January after she took office to discuss the case, which had previously been reviewed by the Oakland County Prosecutor's Office.

“I was familiar with Danielle’s case and wanted to know what evidence existed, what the status of the investigation was, and what I could do to help,” said Nessel. “That’s why I reached out to the Farmington Hills Police Department and asked them to present the evidence compiled on the case. They did an outstanding job on a very challenging investigation.”

Those challenges included "… a murder without the victim's body, no known witnesses to the murder, the killer’s attempt to conceal the crime, and the unusual number of jurisdictions where parts of the crime occurred,” Nebus said. 

A spokesperson with the Oakland County Prosecutor's Office declined to comment, citing the pending criminal charges.

Galloway, of Berkley, is a former security guard for the company that previously provided security at the building in Southfield where Stislicki was employed.

In June 2017, Galloway was charged in the Sept. 4, 2016, attempted sexual assault of a 28-year-old woman jogging in Edward Hines Park near Levan Road in Livonia. 

The victim told police she was grabbed from behind, dragged down an embankment while being punched and choked to the point of losing consciousness. Police also said the suspect demanded sex while he attacked her. She fought back and the man ran off. She was able to flag down a car before contacting police, according to authorities.

At that time Galloway was charged in the attack on the jogger, police confirmed they had interviewed Galloway in connection with Stislicki's disappearance and said they had issued search warrants for structures, cars and electronic data. 

The former Berkley resident had long been described as a "person of interest" in Stislicki's disappearance and investigators had theorized he somehow led Stislicki to his house, where he killed her and later disposed of her body. 

Nessel said the Stislicki case will be handled by newly appointed special assistant attorney general Jaimie Powell Horowitz, who has worked as a special assistant prosecutor for Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy.

Galloway pleaded guilty to the Hines Park assault in November 2017. He is serving a 16-35 year sentence at Alger Correctional Facility in Munising on kidnapping and assault charges in relation to the incident, according to Michigan Department of Corrections Records.

(248) 338-0319

Read or Share this story: