2 electrocuted while putting up flagpole in Independence Twp.
Independence Township — A man is listed in critical condition and another recovering after being electrocuted Sunday while putting up a flagpole, officials said.
Oakland County sheriff's deputies were called to the Alano Club in the 5000 block of Clintonville near Pine Knob Trail at about 2:45 p.m. Sunday to respond to a report of two people possibly being electrocuted, authorities said.
They found two men, a 61-year-old and a 36-year-old, who were injured by an electric shock. A preliminary investigation revealed the men were trying to erect a flagpole when the top of it came into contact with an electrical wire above them, according to police.
Paramedics stabilized the two before taking them to a hospital.
Officials said the 36-year-old is in critical condition but the older man was alert and talking to hospital staff.
Deputies continue to investigate.