SUBSCRIBE NOW
$5 for 3 months. Save 83%.
SUBSCRIBE NOW
$5 for 3 months. Save 83%.

Electric shock injures Detroit firefighter

Candice Williams
The Detroit News

A Detroit firefighter was injured from an electric shock Monday afternoon while he battled a fire on the city’s southwest side.

The incident occurred around 3:20 p.m. during a garage fire on St. Lawrence, Capt Gerod Funderburg said. He said he did not know the circumstances leading to the incident.

The firefighter was taken to Henry Ford Hospital where his condition was unknown Monday afternoon, Funderburg said.

cwilliams@detroitnews.com

(313) 222-2311