Man dies, woman injured in Taylor house fire
Taylor — Authorities say a 28-year-old man has died and a 27-year-old woman has been injured in a Taylor house fire.
Broadcasters report the couple was celebrating the man’s birthday and lit candles in the home. Police say they fell asleep with candles still burning and a fire broke out early Saturday.
Police say the woman was able to escape and was taken to a hospital, but is expected to recover.
A young girl who lives in the home was staying at a relative’s house at the time of the fire.