After storms, 150 homes still without power

The Detroit News

About 150 DTE Energy customers are still without power Monday morning after a fierce band of storms whipped through southeast Michigan on Thursday evening and Friday night.

According to DTE spokesman John Austerberry, all DTE Energy customers should have their power restored sometime Monday.

Nearly 120,000 lost power between the two waves of storms that hit Metro Detroit. As of Sunday night, power had been restore to 95 percent of customers, according to DTE Energy.

Most of the remaining outages are in Wayne County.

Wayne County was the hardest hit with 56,000 outages along Interstate 94 between Interstate 275 and downtown Detroit. Another 11,000 outages were reported in Macomb County and the remainder were scattered throughout the region, Austerberry said.

Austerberry said all available crews worked 16-hour shifts to restore power.

DTE said tree-trim crews are cutting fallen limbs and clearing areas to assist repair crews. The utility said in order to allow the tree-trim crews to quickly get to the next location where they are needed, they will leave limbs for homeowners’ use or disposal rather than remove the material.

Austerberry also said that DTE Energy customers who notice that their power doesn’t come back on when their neighbor’s does, should contact DTE immediately.

Additional information can be found at DTE’s online Power Outage Map.