Police investigate threats at Canton, Yale schools
Police in southeast Michigan are investigating threats at a couple of high schools, officials said.
Canton Township police said they are investigating a suspicious message left on a bathroom wall Friday morning.
Officers are at the school, they said.
They also said the school has not changed students' schedules at this time because of investigators' initial findings.
Last month, a Canton teen was sentenced to three months behind bars and three years of probation for making a threat against Canton and Salem high schools.
Brendan Sibel, 17, made threats against the schools on March 5 so he could get out of class, according to authorities.
Elsewhere, the St. Clair County Sheriff's Office said deputies were investigating a report of a threat made at Yale High School via social media.
Sheriff Tim Donnellon said a threat of gun violence was made at about 8 p.m. Thursday night via Snapchat.
He said in a statement the person who made the threat a 14-year-old student and detectives have contacted him and his parents.
School is in session today at the high school.
His office asks anyone who saw the Snapchat post to call Det. Steve Rickert at (810) 987-1731.