SUBSCRIBE NOW
99¢ per month for 3 months
SUBSCRIBE NOW
99¢ per month for 3 months

4th Canton firefighter released from hospital

Sarah Rahal
The Detroit News
Canton Fire Department

The last of four Canton Township firefighters hospitalized after being overcome by carbon monoxide fumes Tuesday has been released, officials said.

He was released Tuesday night, they said in a statement Wednesday.

The four were among Canton Township firefighters called at about 12:45 p.m. Tuesday to a home in the 46000 block of Mornington Court near South Beck and Cherry Hill roads for a gas leak.

Upon arrival, firefighters found a man in the home who wasunconscious from suspected gas fumes. The man and another resident were taken to the hospital. 

City officials said Tuesday the four firefighters were overcome by fumes and taken to a hospital. Three of the firefighters were released from the hospital by 5 p.m. Tuesday. 

They also said they did not have any information on the conditions of the victims they rescued from the home and directed questions to the hospital.

An initial investigation found that the two men inhaled high levels of carbon monoxide, believed to have come from a gas-powered saw they were using in the basement of the home, police said. 

srahal@detroitnews.com

Twitter: @SarahRahal_