LINKEDIN 2 COMMENTMORE

Canton police have arrested a 17-year-old student in connection with a bomb threat made on social media against the Plymouth-Canton Educational Park, officials said Friday.

Police said they arrested the teen early Friday morning.

Authorities and Plymouth-Canton Community School officials began investigating the threat as soon as they learned it had been made, they also said. 

Investigators believe the student acted alone and determined there was no threat to the safety of students and staff at the campus, according to officials.

They also said there is an increased police presence at the campus.

Detectives continue to investigate the threat and will turn over their findings to the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office to determine if any charges will be filed against the student.

Last month, police also investigated a suspicious message left on a bathroom wall at one of the campus' high schools.

The month before that, a Canton Township teen was sentenced to three months behind bars and three years of probation for making a threat against Canton and Salem high schools, which are located on the Plymouth-Canton Educational Park with Plymouth High School.

cramirez@detroitnews.com

Twitter: @CharlesERamirez

LINKEDIN 2 COMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: https://detne.ws/2LPk9py