Taylor fire claims life of man, 54

Charles E. Ramirez
The Detroit News
Taylor Police vehicle

A 54-year-old man died Monday night after being trapped in a burning garage in Taylor, police said.

Officials said they are not naming the victim until his family is notified of his death.

The fire happened at about 11:35 p.m. at a home in the 15000 block of Allen Road near Eureka Road, according to authorities.

Firefighters responded to the fire and found the man inside the burning structure, police said.

He was taken to a hospital where he died from his injuries, they said.

A witness told police the man had seen smoke coming from the garage attached to the home, went inside it and became trapped, officials said.

Investigators believe a kerosene heater that was left on started the fire, they said. 


Twitter: @CharlesERamirez