Work on I-94, I-75, Lodge Freeway will delay, detour drivers this weekend
Detroit — Weekends in warm weather months mean road construction and this weekend is no different.
Projects on several area freeways and roadways will mean motorists should be ready for delays and detours.
According to the Michigan Department of Transportation, this weekend's closures due to road construction include:
- Westbound Interstate 94 will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday between Michigan Avenue and Interstate 96 in Detroit. Crews will resurface the pavement on the freeway and traffic will be detoured to eastbound I-96 to the Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard exit then west on Michigan Avenue and back to westbound I-94.
- The southbound Interstate 75 ramp to westbound I-94 is closed for the ongoing Brush Street overpass replacement. Traffic for the ramp will be rerouted from south I-75 to Rosa Parks Boulevard, then south 14th Street to west Michigan Avenue and back to westbound I-94.
- The southbound Lodge Freeway will be closed at Wyoming Avenue south of McNichols Road in Detroit. Over the next couple of weekends, crews will be working on the Wyoming bridge over the freeway and making repairs to its beams.
- Eastbound and westbound I-94 near Detroit Metro Airport will be reduced from three lanes to one lane in each direction between Telegraph Road and I-275 beginning at 9 p.m. Friday. On Monday, traffic will be shifted onto the shoulders and only two lanes in each direction will be open through the fall.
- In Oakland County, both directions of Rochester Road will be closed under I-75 at 10 p.m. Friday and reopen by 5 a.m. Monday. The road will be closed for demolition of the northbound I-75 bridge over Rochester Road. Traffic will be detoured to Maple, Livernois and Big Beaver roads. Traffic on I-75 will not be impacted.