Ohio boy electrocuted doing experiment seen on YouTube

Associated Press

Vermilion, Ohio — Authorities have identified a 15-year-old Ohio boy who they say was electrocuted while attempting to conduct an experiment he saw on YouTube.

An Erie County sheriff’s deputy confirmed Wednesday that Morgan Wojciechowski’s parents found him Tuesday in the garage of their Vermilion Township home. Chief Deputy Jared Oliver says authorities weren’t sure whether the parents heard something or just went to check on their son.

Emergency crews were called and took the boy to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Oliver says the teen apparently was trying to conduct an experiment called Jacob’s Ladder involving a high-voltage traveling arc of electricity between two points.

Oliver says he was doing the experiment on his own and it wasn’t a school assignment.