Parents won’t sue Disney over son’s death by gator
Orlando, Fla. — The parents of a toddler killed by an alligator at Walt Disney World say they don’t plan to sue the theme park resort over the death.
Matt and Melissa Graves of Omaha, Nebraska, said in a statement Wednesday they want to focus on their family’s future health.
A family spokeswoman, Sara Brady, says she couldn’t say whether a financial settlement had been reached with Disney World.
Disney World president George Kalogridis said in a statement the company continues to provide support for the family. He did not elaborate.
Authorities say an alligator pulled Lane Graves into the water June 14. His father, Matt Graves, says a second alligator attacked him as he tried to save his son.
Lane’s body was recovered the next day. An autopsy showed he died from drowning and traumatic injuries.