I-75, I-696, Telegraph closures planned this weekend
The Metro Detroit region will have a host of road construction projects and closures this weekend for ramp, bridge and sewer repair work.
Michigan Department of Transportation officials announced this week the closure of the northbound Interstate 75 exit ramp to Chrysler Drive at 4 a.m. Sunday. The ramp is expected to remain closed until the end of the month as workers repair the ramp bridge for the southbound I-75 exit to Chrysler Drive.
During construction, northbound I-75 traffic will be directed to eastbound M-59 to northbound Squirrel Road, then westbound Featherstone Drive to access the Chrysler facility.
This is part of the ongoing I-75 project that is fixing 21 bridges between South Boulevard and Baldwin in Auburn Hills. Included in the work is resurfacing both directions of I-75 between South Boulevard and Giddings. The work includes repairing the ramps at the Chrysler Drive and M-24 (Lapeer Road) interchanges. All work on this $21 million investment is expected to be completed in November.
At 8 p.m. Friday, eastbound I-696 will be closed from I-75 to I-94 for sewer work because large equipment will be scattered on the freeway. The roadway will reopen at 5 a.m. Monday
MDOT officials are repairing sewer pipes to ensure drainage from the roadway. There will be one local lane open from I-75 to Mound for access to local businesses and residences only. The detour is southbound I-75 to eastbound M-102 (Eight Mile) to I-94.
At 9 p.m. on Friday, MDOT officials will begin to resurface US-24 (Telegraph) between Pennsylvania and Dix-Toledo on weekends. One lane of Telegraph will remain open in one direction while the other direction is closed and detoured via I-75 and Dix-Toledo, four separate weekends for each direction.
Meanwhile, other regional projects and closures include:
- NB/SB I-75 2 lanes closed between Baldwin Road and Square Lake Rd through October
- EB/WB Featherstone Rd over I-75 closed through Friday August 4th
- SB Chrysler Rd ramp to SB I-75 1 lane closed through mid-August
- NB/SB Joslyn Rd 1 lane closed at I-75 closed through early August
- NB/SB Joslyn Rd ramps to NB I-75 closed through late-August
- SB I-75 to EB M-59 ramp closed through October
- NB I-75 to WB M-59 ramp closed through October
- WB M-59 to SB I-75 ramp closed through October
- EB M-59 to NB I-75 ramp closed through October