LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Washington — Mexico has agreed to relaunch its investigation into last year’s disappearance of 43 teachers’ college students.

The country is accepting recommendations by the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, but will not allow a group of independent experts to directly question military troops.

Eber Betanzos is deputy prosecutor for human rights at Mexico’s federal Attorney General’s Office. He says his office “completely” accepts a report by the five experts.

One of the experts is Angela Buitrago, a Colombian who said Tuesday the relaunched investigation will follow outlines laid out by her group, including the use of technology and a map of clandestine graves. It also will be done in coordination with families of the missing.

The students disappeared in September 2014 after being detained by police in the state of Guerrero.

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Read or Share this story: http://detne.ws/1RUHWAW