Holidays on Woodward
This story is provided and presented by our sponsor.
With events like Winter Magic Weekends, visits from Santa and ice-skating in Campus Martius Park, festive food and beverage tastings, and unique, one-of-a-kind retail destinations, downtown Detroit is truly the place to be during the holiday season.
“It’s so much more than just a destination for a concert or game, downtown Detroit is a great place to go for an amazing day or night out that includes unique shopping, dining and entertainment options,” said Dan Mullen, EVP, Bedrock. “You can experience things here that you literally cannot find anywhere else.”
This year, Bedrock has collaborated with partners across the city to create the ultimate downtown holiday experience. Here are some of our favorite events and activities going on now throughout the rest of the season.
Find locally made gifts for your loved ones or cozy up with a cup of coffee and a pastry in Bedrock’s Holiday House. Makers, artisans, and clothiers from around the area have converged at 1001 Woodward Avenue to create a one-stop shop featuring the following retailers:
- City Bark: Unique, one-of-a-kind pet products that enhance the well-being of pets and their owners
- Talulah Belle: A thoughtfully curated portfolio of artisan apparel, apothecary, and home décor products with a “Southern charm meets Northern edge” vibe
- Has Heart: A non-profit organization that utilizes the power of art, design, and fashion to benefit U.S. veterans
- Bird Bee: A boutique offering unique, quality clothing, accessories, and jewelry for the sweet rebels, rock ‘n’ rollers and gypsies at heart
- Detroit Artifactry: Retailer specializing in vintage industrial decor, furniture, jewelry and gifts
- Woodward Throwbacks: Furniture and home decor products made of reclaimed materials found in Detroit
- Douglas & Co.: Leather goods and lifestyle products, including candles, bags, journals and more
- Cannelle Patisserie: French-style baked goods and coffee
- David Vintage: Haute couture streetwear
- State & Liberty: Men's dress shirts crafted from athletic performance fabric
- Black Vinyl: Fashion-forward men’s outerwear
- The End Grain Woodworking Co.: Functional pieces handcrafted from reclaimed Detroit wood that offer a high level of creativity and attention to detail
The Holiday House is open every Tuesday through Thursday from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. and Sunday from noon – 5 p.m.
Quicken Loans Winter Magic Weekends
Looking to warm up with a festive cocktail after skating in Campus Martius Park? Head to the tent in Cadillac Square! “Winter Magic Weekends” is a curation of Detroit’s top bands, favorite restaurants and holiday beverages under one tent every Friday and Saturday night.
Visits With Santa
It’s the perfect time of year for kids to experience the magic of downtown Detroit. Santa will be spreading holiday cheer in the One Campus Martius lobby on Thursdays and Fridays from 4 – 7 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from noon – 4 p.m. throughout the holiday season
Somerset Collection + The Detroit Shoppe
The Somerset Collection’s CityLoft is back for another holiday shopping season. This year, CityLoft and The Detroit Shoppe have joined forces to showcase their favorite items in a special curated collection. Visit them at 1520 Woodward Avenue throughout the holiday season.
For more information about Winter Magic activities and retail hours, visit www.holidaysonwoodward.com.
Members of the editorial and news staff of The Detroit News were not involved in the creation of this content.