Introducing the all-new 2016 Chevrolet Malibu
This story is provided and presented by our sponsor.
With its dramatic design, impressive safety, exceptional efficiency and seamless connectivity, it’s no wonder the all-new 2016 Chevrolet Malibu is changing the perception of what a midsize car can be. The all-new Malibu brings an unexpected new look to everyday driving with windswept bodylines and an agile stance that commands attention. Offering available advanced safety technologies (1) to help prevent and protect you from a potential collision:
- Low Speed Front Automatic Braking that uses a camera-based technology that helps prevent or mitigate collisions at speeds below 50 mph. Available on LT models and up.
- Lane Keep Assist uses camera-based technology and monitors road lines and will gently turn the steering wheel if the vehicle begins changing lanes without the use of a turn signal. Available on LT models and up.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert uses radar sensors to alert you to crossing traffic behind your Malibu when backing up. Audible warnings, as well as visual alerts on the rear vision camera screen, are triggered if approaching vehicles are detected. Available on LT models and up.
- Forward Collision Alert identifies vehicles ahead and warns the driver of possible front-end collision threats, helping provide time to stop and/or change course. If the system determines that a front-end collision with a detected vehicle is imminent, it alerts the driver to a potential crash. It also warns the driver if their Malibu is following a detected vehicle much too closely. Available on LT models and up.
The all-new 2016 Malibu Hybrid coming later this spring is expected to take efficiency to new heights with an estimated 48 MPG city (2). With advanced fuel-saving technologies, the engine automatically switches between gas and electric mode or uses both, depending on the power needed. The standard 1.5L ECOTEC® engine offers outstanding fuel economy with an EPA-estimated 37 MPG highway and is also efficient, featuring stop/start technology. This helps avoid wasteful idling by shutting your engine off automatically when the car comes to a stop. With these remarkable fuel-saving technologies, Malibu redefines the midsize car.
The available intuitive and customizable Chevrolet MyLink display offers compatibility with available Apple CarPlayTM (3) and Android AutoTM (3) that makes your smartphone connection smart and simple. An available wireless (4) charging station for compatible smartphones, an 8-inch diagonal color touch-screen and Bose® premium speakers are just a few other comforts for you to enjoy on the road.
The all-new 2016 Malibu offers a built-in system to help encourage safe driving habits and let parents know how their teenager drove the vehicle. Available Teen Driver Technology can enable a whole host of features including: muting audio when front-seat occupants are not wearing their safety belts, giving audible and visual warnings when the vehicle is traveling over predetermined speeds, set limits on music volume, and inform you if safety features like available Forward Collision Alert or Lane Departure Warning were triggered.
With dramatic design, exceptional efficiency and advanced technology, the all-new 2016 Malibu is the all-encompassing experience you never expected in a midsize car.
The 2016 Malibu will be offered in L, LS, LT and Premier trims, as well as the Hybrid model.
For more on the all-new 2016 Malibu, visit http://www.chevrolet.com/malibu-mid-size-sedan.html.
1. Safety features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Read the vehicle Owner’s Manual for more important safety information. 2. Official EPA estimates not yet available. Fuel economy estimates based on GM testing.3. Vehicle user interfaces are products of Apple and Google and their terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible smartphone and data plan rates apply. 4. The system wirelessly charges one PMA- or Qi-compatible mobile device. Some devices require an adaptor or back cover. To check for phone or other device compatibility, see my.chevrolet.com/learn
This story is provided and presented by our sponsor Chevrolet.
Members of the editorial and news staff of The Detroit News were not involved in the creation of this content.