Subaru’s 2016 Share The Love Event
Subaru makes vehicles for people who are passionate about experiencing all the adventures life has to offer. Part of this passion is a desire to help those in need, so Subaru makes it easier for you to give a boost to the charities you love.
The Subaru 2016 Share The Love Event in on now. Share the Love is a wonderful opportunity for you to help support a favorite charitable cause just by leasing or purchasing a new Subaru vehicle.
Until January 3rd, Subaru and its retailers will donate $250 to one of four national charities, or another pre-selected hometown charity, for every Subaru vehicle purchased or leased during Share The Love.
Throughout the nine years of annual Share The Love Events, Subaru and its retailers will have donated nearly $90 million to honorable causes. This year, for the first time ever, there will be no cap on the total donation to be made by Subaru of America to its Share The Love charitable partners.
This year Subaru and its local retailers partner with four national charities:
ASPCA. One of the largest grantor to animal welfare organizations, the ASPCA works with local shelters and their communities to increase animal adoption rates and raise awareness and public support to help animals live better lives. Since 2008, Share The Love contributions have helped the ASPCA save nearly 30,000 animals.
Make-A-Wish. Offering children with life-threatening illnesses the power of a wish is a game-changing opportunity for the whole family. These wishes are made possible through the volunteer efforts of people who care about children and their families. Subaru Share The Love donations have helped make 1,200 wishes come true.
Meals on Wheels America. By supporting more than 5,000 community-based senior nutrition initiatives, Meals on Wheels America eases hunger and isolation for seniors in virtually every community in the United States. Two million volunteers deliver nutritious meals and dignity through Meals on Wheels America. Share the Love donations have helped bring 1.4 million meals to seniors.
National Park Foundation. In cooperation with the National Park Service, the National Park Foundation supports and preserves our national treasures and safeguards our nation’s heritage for generations of enrichment and enjoyment. Share the Love has donated more than $4 million for projects and programs in 100 national parks.
In addition to the four prominent national organizations, each Michigan Subaru retailer has chosen a hometown charity to support during the Share The Love event. Here are some of the charities selected by Michigan Subaru Retailers:
- Hodges Subaru in Ferndale chose I Heart Dogs Rescue and Animal Haven, a local refuge that provides shelter, care, companionship and love for homeless dogs and the pets of domestic violence survivors.
- Suburban Subaru in Troy partnered with Paws for Life Rescue and Adoption, an animal welfare organization that rescues neglected, abused and abandoned dogs, cats, puppies and kittens.
- Glassman Subaru in Southfield selected Kids Kicking Cancer, a nonprofit that empowers children with illness through the mind-body breathing, visualization and relaxation techniques of martial arts.
- Sellers Subaru in Macomb partnered with Leader Dogs for the Blind, which enables visually impaired clients to travel safely in the world through the services of a specially trained leader dog.
- LaFontaine Subaru in Commerce supports Angels of Hope, A Family Cancer Foundation, which provides financial assistance, advocacy and support services to Michigan families who have been impacted by cancer.
Every Subaru retailer throughout Michigan has partnered with a local charity – that’s 14 charities in all. Visit your local Subaru retailer to experience your very own Subaru and learn more about its local Share The Love charity partner.
Discover the joy of driving a Subaru, and experience the love of giving before the Subaru 2016 Share The Love Event ends on January 3.