Sunday’s update: Michigan’s Olympians
A look at athletes with ties to Michigan performed in Rio on Sunday:
Washington Township’s Desi Linden weathered some brutally hot and humid conditions and a withering field of 157 of the world’s top distance runners to finish seventh in the women’s marathon in 2 hours 26 minutes 8 seconds.
* In Greco-Roman wrestling, Northern Michigan’s Andy Bisek lost in the 75kg quarterfinals, 2-0 to Croatia’s Bozo Starcevic.
Bisek opened with a 1-0 victory over Cuba’s Yurisandy Rios Hernandez.
* In men’s basketball, Draymond Green (Saginaw, Michigan State) played six minutes 12 seconds and finished with one assist and one foul in Team USA’s 100-97 victory over France.
* In men’s individual gymnastics events, Michigan’s Sam Mikulak finished eighth in the floor exercise with a score of 14.333.
* In women’s volleyball, Leland’s Alisha Glass helped lead Team USA to a 3-1 victory over China.
* In the mixed Nacra 17 sailing event, Detroit’s Bora Gulari and crew Louisa Chafee had eight top-10 finishes in 12 preliminary races to qualify ninth for Tuesday’s final.