Get to know me: USPBL’s Nicco Lollio
This spring and summer, The Detroit News will be introducing you to some of the lesser-known sports standouts in the area, including from the United Shore Professional Baseball League, Detroit City FC and Detroit Sun FC, among others. Consider this sort of like speed dating, without the dating.
Up this week with “15 Things You Don’t Know About Me” — Nicco Lollio, a first baseman/left fielder for the Utica Unicorns of the third-year USBPL, which plays at Jimmy John’s Field in Utica. Lollio had six homers and 32 RBIs last season.
1. If I was a teenager in the ’90s, I, no doubt, would have been in a boy band.
2. When I was little, I wanted to be Tommy from “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.”
3. If I had to eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would be steak.
4. I went to college in Kentucky and I would love to move down there for good one day.
5. I rewatch “The Office” and “Parks and Recreation” daily.
6. “Goon” and “Big Daddy” are my two favorite movies of all-time.
7. I have a major sweet tooth; Twix are my weakness.
8. If I could be a superhero from “The Avengers, I would be Thor.
9. Me saying, “OK, one more game” while playing “Fortnite” definitely does not mean I’m only playing one more game.
10. I am the youngest of six; I have three brothers and two sisters.
11. I took architecture in high school and love looking at old buildings like Michigan Central Station.
12. I am not a fan of scary movies at all! I’d choose a comedy over anything any day of the week.
13. My favorite MLB ballpark to visit is PNC Park in Pittsburgh.
14. The type of music I listen to all depends on what kind of mood I’m in.
15. My Dad has always told me, “Swing hard just in case you hit it,” and I may have taken that a little too literally in my baseball career. (Editor's note: Sometimes it pays off, as this recent FlightScope graphic shows,)