The latest in The Detroit News' series of “15 Things You Don’t Know About Me” — Jordan Young, a professional poker player from Muskegon who's competing in the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas. His career tournament earnings have exceeded $700,000.
1. I was 17 when I knew what I wanted to do for a living: become a professional poker player.
2. I've moved to Toronto; Cabo San Lucas, Mexico; Rosarito, Mexico; and Las Vegas, all for poker.
3. I have an English Bulldog named Doogan, and he’s the best at making me feel better whenever I come home after losing a bunch of money. Haha!
4. I’ve been an avid golfer since I was 9.
5. My two favorite movies are "Rounders" and "Good Will Hunting."
6. The biggest buy-in tournament I’ve played was $25,000. I lost $25,000 that day.
7. I am the second-oldest of 4 children. I have three sisters.
8. My favorite animal is the Orca. A secret passion of mine is to win a huge tournament so I can help free captive Orcas.
9. I’m a partner with two friends of the poker training academy, Solve For Why.
10. As a kid, my favorite thing to do was to catch painter turtles with a fishing net at my cabin with my dad. My sisters and I would then race the turtles off the dock as our way of releasing them back into the lake.
11. I can cut a deck of cards with one hand.
12. I like all genres of music, but if we’re on a boat, it has to be country music.
13. I meditate daily, practice yoga, and play softball twice a week.
14. Favorite food: burritos — that my mom makes.
15. Favorite ice cream: mint chocolate chip.
You can follow Jordan Young, 31, on Twitter @Jymaster11.