This spring and summer, The Detroit News again will be introducing you to some of the lesser-known sports standouts in the area, including from the United Shore Professional Baseball League, Detroit City FC and Detroit Sun FC, among others. Consider this sort of like speed dating, without the dating.
Up this week with “15 Things You Don’t Know About Me” — Todd Weiss, an outfielder with the Birmingham Bloomfield Beavers of the fourth-year USPBL, which plays at Jimmy John’s Field in Utica.
Weiss has two hits in four at-bats in the early going this season.
1. I've seen every episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants" at least 12 times.
2. I love horse racing.
3. I can play the piano. My top two songs are "Shallow" and "A Thousand Miles."
4. I was the kicker for the football team in high school.
5. I've never had a sip of coffee in my entire life.
6. My favorite movie is "Remember the Titans."
7. I am a big fan of "Game of Thrones," although I am a little upset with how the last season played out. Favorite character is Arya.
8. if I could choose one super power to have, it would definitely be to have super speed (Favorite superhero is The Flash)
9. I watch "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette."
10. I played baseball, football and basketball in high school. My senior year, we went to the state-championship game in basketball. We lost. I had my season high in points that game — five.
11. Dogs > cats.
12. Chris Paul has been my favorite athlete ever since I saw the video where he purposely scored 61 points in a high-school game the day after his grandpa was killed at the age of 61.
13. My favorite ice cream is strawberry with Reese's peanut-butter cups.
14. Both of my uncles played college baseball. (Michigan State and Toledo.)
15. When I am bored, I watch "Impractical Jokers." Always gives me a good laugh.