Ann Arbor — Former Michigan wide receiver Csont'e York, who police say broke a man's jaw outside a bar over the summer, pleaded guilty Monday to a pair of misdemeanor assault charges.
Ann Arbor District Judge Elizabeth Pollard Hines said she would allow York to be sentenced under the Holmes Youthful Training Act, which eliminates a young person's conviction after completing a probationary period.
York, 20, pleaded guilty to one count of aggravated assault and one count of assault and battery. Police said York broke a man's jaw with a punch and pushed another man just after 2 a.m. July 18 outside of Scorekeeper's Bar in Ann Arbor.
"I hit a guy," York said during Monday's hearing, and "I pushed him," referring to the second victim.
Hines said York will have to pay restitution to the 23-year-old man he punched — for his medical bills and airline flights for him and his mother to and from his out-of-state home.
Sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 24.
York, who appeared in one game as a reserve wide receiver as a freshman last season, is enrolled at the University of Toledo after being kicked off the Michigan team last month.