Report: Tigers' TV ratings down 4 percent from 2014 midseason
The Tigers' tumble in the AL Central Division standings is affecting their TV ratings.
Their Regional Sports Network ratings on Fox Sports Detroit are down 4 percent from midseason last year, according to the Sports Business Journal.
The Tigers, 44-44 and nine games behind the Royals in the division, earned a 7.22 rating in the first half, the report said. That was still the third-highest rating for all MLB teams on regional networks.
At the All-Star break last year, the Tigers were 53-38 and in first place in the AL Central.
The Royals, on Fox Sports Kansas City, have the highest rating, 12.06 -- a 119-percent increase from this time last season. The Cardinals, on Fox Sports Midwest, are second at 9.25. The Dodgers are last with a 0.75 rating on SportsNet LA.
THE TOP FIVE
1. Royals, FS Kansas City, 12.06 rating (+119 percent change)
2. Cardinals, FS Midwest, 9.25 rating (+23 percent)
3. Tigers, FS Detroit, 7.22 rating (-4 percent)
4. Pirates, Root Sports Pittsburgh, 7.01 rating (+11 percent)
5. Orioles, MASN, 5.67 rating (no change)