The latest in The Detroit News' series of “15 Things You Don’t Know About Me” — Gabby Chaves, an IndyCar driver who is competing in this weekend's Detroit Grand Prix on Belle Isle.
1. My IndyCar team this season, Harding Racing, is the new kid on the block as a first-year IndyCar team.
2. I was the Indianapolis 500 rookie of the year and IndyCar rookie of the year in 2015.
3. I first got behind the wheel of a race car at the age of 11.
4. My dream car is the 2019 Indianapolis 500 pace car (the winner of the Indy 500 gets to keep the car).
5. In the 2013 Freedom 100, a race contested at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway just two days before the Indy 500, I finished second in a spectacular four-wide finish at the checkered flag, by a mere 0.0026 of a second — now the second-closest finish in Indianapolis Motor Speedway history.
6. I'm named after my father Gabriel.
7. I am a dual citizen of the U.S. and Colombia. Born in Colombia, I moved to the U.S. when I was 8.
8. I am a big animal advocate and have two dogs named Aussie, a Mini Australian Sheppard and Milo, a Border Collie.
9. My favorite movie is "Interstellar."
10. If I wasn’t a race car driver, I’d be lost.
11. My favorite sport outside of racing is soccer; my favorite teams are Colombia and Real Madrid.
12. I race drones competitively; last year I won the Rookie World Championships.
13. My favorite food is anything that’s authentic Italian.
14. My father is a pilot for Jet Blue.
15. My favorite super hero is "Iron Man."